Martin Bissett is the Founder of the Upward Spiral Partnership
His purpose is to alert the accounting profession to the profound outcomes that their advisory expertise can create in the lives of their clients.
At the same time, he also alerts the accounting profession to the profound difficulties that can arise in the lives of their clients when they choose not to educate their clients about the impact that their advisory expertise can have.
The Upward Spiral Partnership is the 4th business Martin has played a key role in building and the first of his own.
Profit Through Experience
Gain Access Martin's Knowledge & Raise Your Firm's Profitability
Previously, Martin served 10 years as a director (appointed at age 26) on the board of a marketing consultancy firm serving the accounting profession. There, he held the responsibility for the growth of the client base including six of the U.K.’s top 30 accountancy firms.
He now coaches, mentors, speaks, trains and consults with accounting firms worldwide.
In total he has worked with over 1800 firms of accountants and stopped keeping track of his contributions to the new business growth of those firms once it surpassed £500m.
Start As You Mean To Go On...
In the first 5 years of USP, Martin has:
- Authored 11 books including Passport to Partnership, content from which has been adopted into the curriculum of AAT Level 3 courses, and taught in selected UK colleges and US CPA Societies.
- Been retained by Accountingweb as a judge of their prestigious practice excellence awards for three years in a row.
- Been highlighted as ‘one to watch’ in AccountingToday’s Top 100 Most Influential countdown for 2 years running.
- Spoken on 5 continents
- Created several trademarked items of intellectual property including the ACCOUNTS™ system and ‘Martin’s Relationship Pricing™’ Model
- Written for several professional publications including AccountingToday, AccountingWeb, CPA Practice Advisor and Chartered One.
- Sat on many international expert panels and guested on professional podcasts in the US, UK, and Australia.
- Donated 10% of his time to Pro-Bono work including advising local charities and social enterprises at board level.
Contributing To Worldwide Goals
Working Towards Global Standards Of Hope
Martin’s career breakthrough came at age 18 when he signed the Walt Disney Organisation to an exclusive deal with a start-up distribution company. At that time, the first of its kind in the world.